Goals-The Easy Way™ - Part 4
Personally, I do not like anything that is either long or complex. I want it simple. So I have established a simple plan to get started on your goal setting journey. It is goal setting the EASY WAY:
- Establish what you want to do
- Assign a due date (this is key!)
- Simple baby steps: constructing small or simple steps into an action plan
- You need to take ownership of your action plan (commitment)
- Write it down – if you write it down you will have a greater success rate because writing it will serve as a vision as well as a commitment.
- Adjust the plan if it isn’t working. This is your plan, make the necessary adjustments. Most of us start with giant steps instead of baby steps. Adjust when needed.
- You should REWARD yourself - after you have accomplished each baby step. You control what you do with your life. Effort in - success out. Persevere and be disciplined!
Suggestion: select a "goal buddy" and help them achieve their goals as they help you achieve yours.
- You control what you do with your life. Effort in - success out. Persevere and be disciplined!
- Change the tape in your head…stop thinking I can’t, I’ll do it tomorrow, what if I fail. The enemy of your success is taking up space in your mind and is not paying rent…why is that? Say instead - I will, I can, and I am going to.
- See yourself as successful and talk like you’re successful. Take control of your life, think and ask, “why not me?" Remember the Proverb: “As a person thinks in their heart, so shall they be”
- You are what you think, so chose what you want your life to look like. It’s your life and you are in control.